The U.S. real estate-themed ETF SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (ARCA: XHB) tracks the performance of the S&P Homebuilders Select Industry Index. The fund uses a sampling strategy. (At least 80%) invest in the securities that make up the index. This index represents the homebuilder category of the S&P Total Market Index (S&P TMI). The fund is non-diversified.
The Standard & Poor’s Home Builders Select Industry Index represents the home builder category of the Standard & Poor’s Total Market Index (S&P TMI). Standard & Poor’s TMI aims to track the entire US stock market. Standard & Poor’s TMI’s house builders segment includes the house construction sub-industry. The index was modified to equal weight.
SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF:
- The investment results that SPDR® S&P® Homebuilders ETF seeks to provide, before fees and expenses are deducted, usually correspond to the total return performance of the S&P® Homebuilders Select IndustryTM Index.
- S&P TMI’s housing builder market segment includes the following sub-sectors: construction products, home decoration, home decoration retail, home retail and household appliances.
- Seek to track the revised weighted average index, which provides unconcentrated industry exposure for large, medium and small-cap stocks.
- Compared with traditional industry-based investments, investors are allowed to take strategic or tactical positions at a more targeted level.
US stock real estate ETFs also include:
- U.S. Real Estate ETF-Vanguard Real Estate Index Fund ETF Shares (ARCA:VNQ)
- US Real Estate ETF-iShares US Real Estate ETF (ARCA: IYR)
- Residential Real Estate Trust ETF-iShares Residential and Multisector Real Estate ETF (ARCA: REZ)
- International Real Estate ETF-SPDR Dow Jones International Real Estate ETF (ARCA:RWX)
- International Developed Real Estate ETF-iShares International Developed Real Estate ETF (NASDAQ:IFGL)