Robin Communications Company Ribbon Communications Inc. (NASDAQ: RBBN) was founded in 1997, formerly known as Sonus Networks, Inc. (formerly NASDAQ: SONS), and changed to its current name on November 28, 2017 , Headquartered in Westford, Massachusetts, with 2,457 full-time employees, is a VoIP infrastructure solution provider that provides voice and data communication hardware and software manufacturing to enable voice and data to be transmitted on the network at the same time.
Ribbon Communications Inc. (RBBN):
Sunsys Networks is a leading VoIP infrastructure solution provider in the United States, providing research and development of voice and data network transmission facilities. Its corporate customers include Internet service providers, wireless and wired operators, international telephone companies, and telecommunications companies. Solutions include:
- Session Border Controllers (SBC): Positioned to provide secure and interoperable calls for small, neutral and large enterprises and regional and global communication service providers;
- GSX9000 Open Service Switch: By converting voice signals into IP data packets, and transmitting these data packets through the data network, bridge IP and TDM networks;
- Diameter Signaling Controller: a solution suitable for 4G/Long Term Evolution networks;
- Signal Transfer Points: act as a switch/router in the SS7 signal network;
- Sonus PSX Policy & Routing Server: The central routing and policy engine for its softswitch and distributed SBC solutions;
- WebRTC (Real-Time Communications): enables Web browsers to participate in audio, video and data communications;
- Cloud Exchange Network Applications (VellOS), cloud exchange network solutions;
- Network Management Solutions: A solution used to manage and integrate internal resources, deployment and billing systems;
- Professional consulting and services.
Ribbon Communications Inc. (RBBN) history:
- On August 7, 1997, Sonus Networks, Inc. was founded;
- On May 25, 2000, the IPO of Sensi Networks was listed on Nasdaq;
- In January 2001, Sonus Networks acquired Telecom Technologies, Inc. of Anousheh Ansari;
- In August 2012, Shengsi Networks acquired Network Equipment Technologies, Inc. for 42 million US dollars;
- On December 13, 2013, Sonus Networks, Inc. and Performance Technologies Inc. reached a merger agreement, and Sonus acquired PT for 30 million US dollars.
- On November 27, 2018, Sonus Networks changed its name to Ribbon Communications Inc.