Sears Holdings Corporation (OTC PINK: SHLDQ) was founded in 1899 and is headquartered in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, USA, with 89,000 full-time employees. It is one of the largest private retail companies in the United States and the world. . Sears’ main proprietary brands include: Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a series of apparel including well-known trademarks Lands’ End , Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, Apostrophe and Covington, etc.
Sears Holdings (SHLDQ):
Sears Holdings Corporation is a well-known department store chain in the United States. It is the parent company of Kmart and Sears, Roebuck and Co., headquartered in Illinois, and has 555 stores across the United States. It also sells tools, lawn and garden appliances, household electronics, and Sales of automatic repairs and maintenance are in a leading position.
In terms of turnover, Sears is second only to Wal-Mart , Costco , Kroger , Target , Walgreens , Home Depot , Xi Weisi , Lowe’s and Best Buy, the nation’s tenth largest retailer after.
Sears Holdings Corporation is divided into 2 divisions to operate : Kmart (Kmart) and Sears Domestic (Sears Domestic).
1. Kmart -operating a retail store, offering a range of products, including consumer electronics, seasonal goods, outdoor life, toys, lawn and gardening equipment, food and consumer goods, and clothing; and in-store pharmacies. Provide Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66, Cannon, Adam Levine, Levi’s, Lands’ End and Craftsman brand products, as well as Sears’ own brand Kenmore and DieHard, Kenmore, etc. As of February 3, 2018, the department operated approximately 432 Kmart stores.
2. Sears Domestic -operating stores that provide electrical appliances, consumer electronics/connection solutions, tools, sporting goods, outdoor living, lawn and garden equipment, clothing, footwear, jewelry and accessories, and automotive services and products, such as tires, Batteries and household appliances, fashion products. The department also provides parts and services for builders, developers, designers, and commercial and residential customers; home appliances, lawn and garden equipment, consumer electronics, floor care products, and heating and cooling system components and repair services; house renovation services , Such as siding, windows, cabinet gloss, kitchen renovation, roof, carpet and interior decoration cleaning, duct cleaning and garage door installation and repair; protection agreement and product installation services. The department provides Kenmore, DieHard, WallyHome, Bongo, Covington, Simply Styled, Everlast, Metaphor, Roebuck & Co., Outdoor Life, and Structure brand products, as well as Craftsman, Roadhandler, and Levi’s brand products. As of February 3, 2018, the department operated 547 full-line stores and 23 specialty merchandise stores.
Sears Holdings (SHLDQ) History:
- On November 17, 2004, Kmart Holdings Corporation announced the merger with Sears, Roebuck and Co., the new company Sears Holdings will continue to operate the Sears and Kmart brands at the same time. The merger was completed on March 24, 2005;
- Sears Holdings currently holds 51% of Sears Canada; Sears Holdings also owns 20% of Sears Mexico (Carlos Slim owns the remaining 80%); Kmart brand belongs to Wesfarmers in Australia; Wesfarmers also owns Kmart New Zealand;
- In 2005, Sears Holdings sold its Orchard Supply Hardware to private equity company Ares Management;
- In November 2006, the Chicago Sun Times reported that Sears may acquire Safeway, Home Depot, Gap , BJ’s Wholesale Club, Radio Shack, Pep Boys and Anheuser-Busch ;
- In June 2008, Sears launched Servicelive.com;
- On February 22, 2010, Sears Automotive Business established a new independent operating company-Sears Auto Centers;
- On December 4, 2011, Sears Holdings announced the divestiture of the remaining Orchard Supply shares to all shareholders on December 30, 2011;
- In 2008, Sears launched Servicelive.com;
- On December 6, 2013, Sears Holding Corp. announced the spin-off of Lands’ End business and became an independent company. Lands’ End (NASDAQ:LE) stocks have been trading on NASDAQ since April 7, 2014;
- On January 4, 2018, Sears Holdings announced that after 24 quarters of sales decline, it will close 103 unprofitable Kmart and Sears stores. These stores will be closed by April 2018 When it is closed, Sears Holdings will have 555 stores left.
- On January 14, 2018, Sears Canada’s Canadian branch, Sears Canada, ceased operations after all stores were closed.
- On March 15, 2018, Sears Holdings announced that it achieved a meager profit in the fourth quarter of 2017. However, investors claim that this is due to tax rebates, and sales of Kmart and Sears are still falling.
- On October 15, 2018, Sears Holdings Corporation and its subsidiaries filed a Chapter 11 voluntary reorganization application with the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- In the week of October 24, 2018, Sears Holdings ceased to be listed on the Nasdaq Stock Exchange. According to the rules of the stock exchange, Sears Holdings officially delisted this week after the stock had traded at a price of less than $1 per share for 30 consecutive days. The final share price of Nasdaq before delisting was 36 cents per share. Beginning on Wednesday, Sears’ common stock has begun trading on the OTC PINK stock market under the ticker symbol “SHLDQ”.