Anixter International Inc. (NYSE:AXE) was founded in 1957 by brothers Alan Anixter and Bill Anixter, headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, USA, with 8,700 full-time employees, the largest One of the distributors of wire and cable facilities in China, selling communication products, wires and cables, electrical and electronic related network products.
Anixter International (AXE):
Anixter International provides communication and security products and electrical and electronic wires and cables. Anixter is a Fortune 500 company with revenue of US$6.2 billion in 2013 and operating in more than 250 cities in more than 50 countries.
In 2011, after Anixter sold the Aerospace Hardware division to Greenbriar Equity, the company was divided into three divisions to operate: Network & Security Solutions, Electrical and Electronic Solutions, and Public Power Solutions ( Utility Power Solutions).
Anixter International (AXE) History:
- In 1957, Alan Anixter and Bill Anixter founded Anixter International Inc.;
- In the 1960s, Anixter International Inc. acquired 19 companies;
- In 1967, Allister International’s IPO was listed on the American Stock Exchange;
- In 1975, Anixter transferred to the New York Stock Exchange;
- From the 1990s to the 2000s, Alister International successively acquired Pacer Electronics, Pentacon, Walters Hexagon, DDI, Infast Group, MFU, Eurofast, Total Supply Solutions, Quality Screw & Nut and Quality Screw de Mexico, World Class Wire & Cable, Sofrasar, CamilleGergen, CLARK Security Products and Jorvex.