Christopher & Banks Corporation (NYSE: CBK) was founded in 1956, formerly known as Braun’s Fashions Corporation, and changed to its current name in July 2000. Headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, it is a joint venture with subsidiaries American retailers of women’s clothing and accessories mainly design, provide and sell women’s clothing and accessories for customers from 45 to 60 years old.
Christopher Banks (CBK):
Christopher & Banks Corporation is a specialty retailer operating private label women’s clothing and accessories in the United States through its subsidiaries. Christopher Banks mainly deals in women’s clothing and boutiques. The customer group is women over 45 years old. The products include women’s clothing and accessories, such as: knitwear, woven clothing, jackets, sweaters, skirts, jeans and other fabrics. Trousers, and provide small size and girly clothing and jewelry.
Christopher & Banks Corporation chain stores mainly provide women’s clothing, including casual wear, daily wear, office wear, casual/sports wear, as well as women’s pajamas, jewelry and accessories.
As of December 4, 2018, Christopher & Banks Corporation operated 461 stores in 45 states across the United States, including 314 MPW stores, 80 outlet stores, 35 Christopher & Banks stores, and 32 CJ Banks stores ( Sale of plus size women’s clothing).
In addition, Christopher Banks also operates e-commerce sites such as christopherandbanks.com and cjbanks.com.
Christopher Banks (CBK) History:
- In 1956, Braun’s Fashions passed to it as the predecessor of Christopher & Banks Corporation;
- In 1992, the company IPO and landed on the New York Stock Exchange;
- In July 2000, Braun’s Fashions Corporation changed its name to Christopher & Banks. In the same year, the company established its sub-brand CJ Banks;
- In November 2004, Christopher & Banks acquired the chain clothing brand Acorn Stores, and then closed all 36 Acorn stores on December 31, 2008;
- In 2014, Christopher & Banks began to phase out CJ Banks stores;
- In 2017, Joel Waller was appointed as interim president and chief executive officer, as well as a member of the board of directors.