The predecessor of J.Jill, Inc. (NYSE: JILL) was a Delaware company founded in February 2011-Jill Intermediate LLC, which was changed to a Delaware stock company on February 24, 2017 and was renamed J .Jill, Inc., with a history dating back to 1959 (see: “Encyclopedia of History”), headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts, USA, with 1,501 full-time employees (2018), is a well-known female clothing brand in the country, focusing on 40 -65-year-old women design and manufacture clothing.
J.Jill Inc. (JILL):
J.Jill is a leading multi-channel fashion retailer of women’s clothing, accessories and footwear. , The company’s style is leaning towards simplicity, comfort and fashion. The J.Jill brand represents a simple, casual and inspired style, reflecting the confidence and comfort of a rich, fulfilling woman.
J.Jill operates a highly profitable omni-channel platform. In the 12 months ended October 29, 2016, direct sales accounted for 42% of net sales and retail sales accounted for 58%.
J.Jill started as a catalog company, and later became a pioneer of the omni-channel model. Since 1999, it has become a prominent presence in various stores, websites and catalogs. The company has developed an industry-leading customer database that enables it to match approximately 97% of transactions with customers.
J.Jill takes a data-centric approach, using its database and insights to manage the business, and acquire and attract customers to increase the best value and productivity.
J.Jill’s goal is to create a great brand, build a successful business, and make J.Jill a great workplace. In order to achieve this goal, J.Jill revolves strategy and team around four guiding pillars-brand, customer, product and channel.
J.Jill Inc. (JILL) History:
- In 1959, Karl Lipsky and Marianne Lipsky opened an American store in Berkshires, named after their first daughter-Jennifer House, and later they launched a catalog containing the names of their two daughters-Jennifer and Jill ；
- In 1987, J.Jill was acquired by DM Management;
- In 1993, J.Jill IPO landed on Nasdaq, stock code: NASDAQ:DMMC, J.Jill also expanded to 3 directories-J.Jill, Nicole Summers and The Very Thing;
- In 1998, Tilton Contact and Distribution Center opened in New Hampshire;
- In the fall of 1999, J.Jill became a multi-channel retailer, launched its e-commerce website, and opened its first retail stores in Natick and Providence, Maryland;
- Operational integration, by the end of 2003, J.Jill grew to 123 stores.
- With an average of 36 new stores opened each year, J.Jill focuses on retail acceleration and growth. As of the end of 2006, J.Jill became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Talbots, Inc. (acquired and privatized);
- In 2009, J.Jill was acquired by the leading private equity firm Golden Gate Capital, and in 2011 it cooperated with the global investment company Arcapita. J.Jill successfully changed the brand and developed a multi-channel business;
- In 2015, J.Jill was acquired by TowerBrook Capital Partners, a private equity firm in New York and London.
J.Jill Inc. (JILL) investment:
J.Jill, Inc. (NYSE:JILL) submitted the IPO prospectus on 2/10/2017 and listed on the NYSE on 3/9/2017. The planned issue price is US$14.00-16.00, the actual issue price is US$13, and the issue is 11,666,667. Stocks, raised $151,666,671.00 US dollars, stock code: JILL.