Cobo Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB) was founded in 1906 and is headquartered in Middleton, Wisconsin, USA. It has 15,700 full-time employees. It is a world-renowned manufacturer of consumer goods. Its products include batteries, cosmetics, personal care, Special pets, turf gardens and household pest control, etc. aresubsidiariesof HRG Group, Inc.
Cobo Spectrum Brands (SPB):
Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. is a supplier of products such as batteries, grooming, personal care, special pets, turf gardens and household pest control. Spectrum Brands is divided into 5 departments to operate: Global Batteries & Appliances (Global Batteries & Appliances) ), Hardware & Home Improvement (hardware and home improvement), Global Pet Supplies (global pet supplies), Home and Garden (home and garden), and Global Auto Care (global car care).
- Kebo provides batteries; battery-powered portable lighting products; small kitchens and home appliances; personal care products; hinges; safety, garage door and window hardware products; floor protection products; residential locks and door hardware products; commercial door locks, hardware products ; Pipeline products.
- It also provides dog, cat and small animal food and food; cleaning and training aids and accessories; pet health and beauty products; aquariums; and aquatic health supplies.
- In addition, Spectrum Brands Holdings also provides outdoor insect and weed control solutions; household insecticides and pest control; personal use insecticides, insect and animal repellents; automotive aftermarket appearance products; performance chemicals; and DIY Air conditioner filler.
Spectrum Brands Holdings uses Rayovac, VARTA, Black & Decker, George Foreman, Russell Hobbs, Juiceman, Breadman, Farberware, Toastmaster, Remington, National Hardware, Stanley, FANAL, Kwikset, Weiser, Baldwin, EZSET, Tell, Pfister, 8-in -1, Dingo, Nature’s Miracle, Wild Harvest, Littermaid, Jungle, Excel, FURminator, IAMS, Eukanuba, Healthy-Hide, ProSense, Perfect Coat, eCOTRITION, Birdola, Digest-eeze, Tetra, Marineland, Whisper, Instant Ocean, Spectracide , Garden Safe, Liquid Fence, EcoLogic, Hot Shot, Black Flag, Real Kill, Ultra Kill, The Ant Trap, Rid-a-Bug, Cutter, Repel, Armor All, STP, and A/C PRO brands, through retailers , Wholesalers and distributors, original equipment manufacturers, construction companies sell their products.
Cobo Spectrum Brands (SPB) History:
- In 1906, James Bowen Ramsay founded French Battery Co., the predecessor of Spectrum Brands;
- In 1930, the company changed its name to Ray-O-Vac, which alluded to the new technology of vacuum tubes and electron rays at that time;
- In 1988, the company name was simplified to Rayovac;
- In 2003, Rayovac decided to spin off and acquire non-battery business companies-Remington Products and United Pet Group;
- In January 2005, Rayovac acquired United Industries Corporation for US$476 million, including many of its brands, such as: United Industries were Vigoro, Spectracide and Sta-Green, Cutter, Hot Shot and Repel, Perfecto, Eight in One, etc.;
- In 2005, it acquired Tetra, a major pet food supplier. This diversification prompted the company to change its name from Rayovac to Spectrum Brands;
- Other battery companies acquired by Rayovac include Varta, Ningbo Baowang, Microlite SA;
- In 2008, highly leveraged debt prompted Spectrum Brands to intend to sell its pet-related business company United Pet Group, including Tetra, Marineland, Instant Ocean, Jungle brand aquarium products and consumables, Dingo, Firstrax, 8 in 1, Nature’s Miracles brand pet care For the product, Harbinger Capital agreed to acquire the above business for US$692 million. The single transaction was finally aborted on July 14, 2008, because the shareholders of Spectrum Brands believed that the price underestimated the actual value;
- On February 3, 2009, Spectrum Brands submitted Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection;
- On August 28, 2009, Spectrum Brands successfully escaped bankruptcy protection;
- On June 16, 2010, Spectrum Brands merged with Russell Hobbs Inc. (formerly Salton, Inc.). Russell Hobbs’ brands include George Foreman Grill, Toastmaster, Black & Decker Home appliances, Russell Hobbs, etc.;
- On April 28, 2015, Spectrum Brands entered the auto parts business market through the acquisition of Armored AutoGroup.