CyrusOne Inc. (NASDAQ: CONE) was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with 380 full-time employees. It is a REIT company (real estate investment trust) that owns, operates and develops enterprise-level, operator-neutral and multi-tenant data centers Property.
CyrusOne Inc. (CONE):
CyrusOne Inc. provides mission-critical data center facilities to protect and ensure the continuous operation of information technology infrastructure. Its customers are distributed in various industries, including: information technology, financial services, energy, oil and gas, mining, medical, consumer goods and service businesses .
Competitors of CyrusOne Inc. include: Equonics , Switch , Digital Realty Trust, etc.
As of December 31, 2016 , CyrusOne has 35 operating data centers and 2 data recovery center facilities in 11 markets including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore. It has 932 customers, including enterprises, network operators, cloud providers and Supporting service provider.
CyrusOne Inc. (CONE) History:
- In 2001, CyrusOne Inc. was founded.
- In July 2007, the company was acquired by ABRY Partners.
- In June 2010, the company was acquired by Cincinnati Bell for $525 million.
- In September 2011, CyrusOne acquired 55.9 acres of land in Chandler, Arizona for the construction of data center facilities.
- In January 2013, CyrusOne IPO became a public company.
- As of 2015, Cincinnati Bell has basically sold all of its CyrusOne shares.
- In July 2015, the company acquired Cervalis for US$400 million.
- In March 2016, CyrusOne acquired the CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) data center in Aurora, Illinois for $133 million .