Harley-Davidson (also translated: Harley Motorcycle Company) Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HOG) was founded in 1903, formerly Harley-Davidson Motor Company, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, with 5,600 full-time employees. It is a company The world-renowned American heavy motorcycle manufacturer .
In 1903, three brothers William Harley and Davidson founded the famous Harley-Davidson brand in Milwaukee, USA. After more than a century of baptism, Harley motorcycles are now sold in more than 200 countries.
Harley-Davidson Inc is the parent company of Harley-Davidson (Harley Motorcycles) and Harley-Davidson Financial Services (Harley-Davidson Financial Services). The company’s business can be divided into two categories: motorcycles and related products, and financial services.
The motorcycle business is mainly operated by HDM, which provides legally qualified Harley motorcycle design, manufacturing, and sales, as well as a series of motorcycle parts, accessories, department stores and other related services. Harley-Davidson sells products to customers through independent distributors. The product sales range covers North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Harley-Davidson (HOG) History:
- In 1903, the three brothers William Harley and Davidson founded the famous Harley-Davidson Motor Company in Milwaukee-Harley-Davidson Motor Company;
- From 1916 to 1918, after the US military joined the First World War, the Harley factory provided 20,000 vehicles to the military;
- In 1920, Harley-Davidson has become the world’s largest motorcycle manufacturer with sales agents in 67 countries around the world. A total of 28189 motorcycles were produced in 1920;
- From 1941 to 1945, after the Japanese attack on the US Navy Base at Pearl Harbor, a large number of motorcycles produced by the Harley factory were used as military supplies with the US military to be used by the Allied forces. By the end of the Second World War, the Harley factory produced a total of 90,000 motorcycles. All WLA military motorcycles have been put into use. The war made the Harley-Davidson (HARLEY-DAVIDSON) motorcycle famous all over the world;
- In 1986, Harley-Davidson resumed issuing shares to the public. At that time, 2 million public affiliated shares were issued, with a total value of 70 million U.S. dollars, and the share term was 10 years;
- In 2003, Harley-Davidson acquired Buell Motorcycle Company, which became its wholly-owned subsidiary;
- In 2005, Harley-Davidson officially entered China. At present, Harley-Davidson has developed authorized dealers in 12 cities in Beijing, Shanghai, Qingdao, Wenzhou, Dalian, Chengdu, Suzhou, Wuhan, Tangshan, Chongqing, Changsha and Tianjin.
- In August 2008, Harley-Davidson bought the Italian motorcycle manufacturer MV Agusta;
- Today, Harley-Davidson is the main supplier of American police motorcycles.