Founded in 2005, Targa Resources, Inc. (NYSE:TRGP) is headquartered in Houston, Texas, USA, with 1970 full-time employees. It is a world-leading midstream natural gas and liquid natural gas service company, mainly engaged in natural gas collection, compression, processing, and processing , Sales and storage; storage, fractionation, processing, transportation, refining and sales of liquid natural gas and its products; and the collection, storage, refining, and sales of refined petroleum products.
Targa Resources, Inc. (TRGP):
Targa Resources is a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Wells Fargo Plaza in Houston, Texas . It is a midstream energy company and one of the largest suppliers of natural gas and natural gas liquids in the United States. Targa Resources Corp. provides midstream natural gas and natural gas liquid (NGL) services in the United States through its general limited partnership interest in Targa Resources Partners LP. The company’s operations are mostly (but not completely) located on the Gulf Coast of Texas and Louisiana. Joe Bob Perkins has served as CEO since 2012.
Targa Resources is divided into 2 sources: collection and processing (Gathering and Processing), logistics and marketing (Logistics and Marketing).
Targa Resources’ specific businesses include:
- Collect, compress, process, process, and sell natural gas.
- Storage, fractionation, processing, transportation, storage and sales of NGL (liquid natural gas) and NGL products.
- Collect, store and store crude oil and refined oil.
- Purchase and resell NGL products.
- Propane sales and logistics services for multinational retailers, independent retailers and other end users.
- Provide NGL balance service.
- It also provides transportation services for oil refineries and petrochemical companies in the Gulf Coast area.
Targa Resources operates approximately 27,000 miles of natural gas pipelines, including 36 owned and operated processing plants; and 39 storage wells with a net storage capacity of approximately 66 million barrels.
As of December 31, 2016, the company leased and managed approximately 700 train carriages; 90 leased and managed transportation tractor heads; and 20 company-owned pressurized NGL barges.